Fostering transformation and growing in grace.
My name is John Guerrero. I’m a Christian husband, father, teacher, counselor-in-training, and writer. I live and work in a small town in Texas, where I’ve committed my life to making a difference, serving Jesus, blessing others, and impacting my little community. I write this blog to share thoughts, challenges, and motivations about living an abundant and thriving life, one that’s being transformed by God’s grace and authentic devotion to Christ.
Read my latest posts
- Transforming your thinking to discover an abundant lifeAllow me to share a bit of insight that hit me like a ton of bricks as I sat with the Scriptures one morning. This powerful truth was a hard reminder that what goes on inside of me has a direct effect on what comes out of me, and those thingsContinue reading “Transforming your thinking to discover an abundant life”
- Finding Freedom in the GospelThe Gospel is not just a section of the Bible. It isn’t just a story you read about in church. The Gospel is a message. It’s a truth. It’s a living reality. It is the message that Jesus died in order to set us free from sin and hell and evenContinue reading “Finding Freedom in the Gospel”
- Discerning our Burdens and Desires From God’s PerspectiveI believe strongly in the practice of being introspective. I think there is incredible value in understanding yourself and discovering your desires, your ambition, your feelings, and your thoughts. It’s important to pay attention the things that rise up within us and to ask, “What is this telling me about myself?Continue reading “Discerning our Burdens and Desires From God’s Perspective”
- How Like Fish We AreI love fishing. As often as I can throughout the year, I’ll load up my kayak and my fishing gear, or hop on a boat with my father-in-law and head for the water. I greatly enjoy casting that line out, hoping to get a bite from a hungry fish. For theContinue reading “How Like Fish We Are”
- Yeshua: Jesus Rescues His People From SinThe angel Gabriel visited Joseph in a dream, announcing to him that the woman to whom he was engaged would give birth to a very special son. Joseph had discovered Mary’s pregnancy and was very troubled by it. They were not yet married. He thought she was a virgin. How couldContinue reading “Yeshua: Jesus Rescues His People From Sin”
- The Renovation of Our LivesHere at our house, my wife and I are wrapping up a home renovation/addition project, finally adding the finishing touches on a months-long adventure. My father-in-law took our ideas and worked his magic to implement them, making our house look better and bigger, just the way we envisioned. A pretty bigContinue reading “The Renovation of Our Lives”
Sign up for my FREE weekly devotional!
Sharing thoughts from Scripture has always been one of my passions. I love encouraging and teaching in order to foster growth in Jesus, and I would love to bless you in this way! Enter your info and every Sunday you will receive a free devotional delivered straight to your inbox.