My purpose is to help people to discover how to have an abundant and thriving life in Jesus.
My name is John Guerrero. I am a writer, a speaker, a Bible teacher, a counselor, and a story-teller. My passion is for helping people to discover the way to enjoy an abundant, healthy, and thriving life. I love Jesus and the Scriptures and I lean on both to foster the growth and the wholeness in life that we all need.
This site is the home for my ministry. Here you will find articles, stories, resources, Bible studies, devotional thoughts, videos, and ponderings about life. I have a heart for families, relationships, the church, social justice, and personal growth and I aim to elaborate on all of those things through this platform, from a biblical and God-centered perspective.
Read my latest articles
- Finding Freedom in the GospelThe Gospel is not just a section of the Bible. It isn’t just a story you read about in church. The Gospel is a message. It’s a truth. It’s a living reality. It is the message that Jesus died in order to set us free from sin and hell and even from ourselves. The GospelContinue reading “Finding Freedom in the Gospel”
- Discerning our Burdens and Desires From God’s PerspectiveI believe strongly in the practice of being introspective. I think there is incredible value in understanding yourself and discovering your desires, your ambition, your feelings, and your thoughts. It’s important to pay attention the things that rise up within us and to ask, “What is this telling me about myself? Why am I feelingContinue reading “Discerning our Burdens and Desires From God’s Perspective”
- How Like Fish We AreI love fishing. As often as I can throughout the year, I’ll load up my kayak and my fishing gear, or hop on a boat with my father-in-law and head for the water. I greatly enjoy casting that line out, hoping to get a bite from a hungry fish. For the fisherman, fishing is anContinue reading “How Like Fish We Are”
- Yeshua: Jesus Rescues His People From SinThe angel Gabriel visited Joseph in a dream, announcing to him that the woman to whom he was engaged would give birth to a very special son. Joseph had discovered Mary’s pregnancy and was very troubled by it. They were not yet married. He thought she was a virgin. How could these things be? ButContinue reading “Yeshua: Jesus Rescues His People From Sin”
- The Renovation of Our LivesHere at our house, my wife and I are wrapping up a home renovation/addition project, finally adding the finishing touches on a months-long adventure. My father-in-law took our ideas and worked his magic to implement them, making our house look better and bigger, just the way we envisioned. A pretty big shift took place here,Continue reading “The Renovation of Our Lives”
- The Power of Discovering Your PassionWhat is the most evident calling or passion in your life? What is the one topic or issue that gets you stirred up the most, or that you have the most insight on? The thing that you care the most about? The theme that you have the most knowledge and experience with? For some peopleContinue reading “The Power of Discovering Your Passion”